Remembrance Day Parade 2016
This year’s Remembrance Parade will be held on 13th November 2016 and the itinerary for the day will be as follows:
10.00 am Gather at Swan Street car park in preparation for the Parade
10.15 am Parade to the Town Square
10.25 am Short open air service for 20 minutes on the Town Square
10.45 am Parade down High Street to War Memorial
11.15 am Parade to Festival Hall following which Parade will ‘fall-out’.
Remembrance Sunday Road Closure Order
8.00 am: Close:
1. Road at junction of Lavant Street and Chapel Street allowing traffic to turn right into Lavant Street from Chapel Street and left from Lavant Street into Chapel Street.
2. St Peter’s Road by Police Station but advertising road closure at junction of St Peter’s Road and Dragon Street with “Road Ahead Closed” sign
3. Sheep Street at junction with The Spain
4. High Street at the war memorial allowing traffic to flow along Dragon Street and College Street
Purpose: To allow an informal security sweep of the area prior to the Parade marching from Swan Street to The Square for an open-air service.
10.15: Move barrier 1 to The Square by opticians to open up the whole of Chapel Street and Swan Street once the parade has arrived in The Square.
5. College Street at junction with Tor Way
6. Heath Road by Festival Hall car park entrance
7. Dragon Street at junction with The Avenue
Purpose: To enable parade to take up positions for wreath laying ceremony at the war memorial.
Police to be positioned at Sussex Road crossroads and Tor Way junction advising traffic of wreath laying ceremony.
10.50: Parade moves to war memorial for wreath laying ceremony.
12.00: All barriers removed and all roads re-opened to traffic.