Making our website accessible for everyone
Petersfield Town Council is committed to ensuring that any resident who needs to use our website can do so easily. We continually review and develop the website to make it as accessible as possible.
This accessibility statement applies to Petersfield Town Council website www.petersfield-tc.gov.uk
The website aims to meet the standards defined by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 issued by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Petersfield Town Council are committed to making our website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
We’ve included some links below from AbilityNet on how you can change your browser settings to suit your needs.
• make your mouse easier to use
• use your keyboard instead of a mouse
• talk to your device
• make your device talk to you
• make text larger
• change your colours
• magnify the screen
Try our inbuilt accessibility tools by clicking this icon at the side of the page.
Accessibility of our website.
• wherever possible we have kept text simple, avoiding jargon. if there is anything you do not understand please contact us or your ward councillor
• use image description tags which are reader compatible
• zoom up to 500% on desktop or device
• maximum zoom, plus street view extension is available via our contact page
• that the ‘CTRL + + key increases the size of screen
• that the ‘CTRL + – key decreases the size of screen
• if you are unable to read the location map please contact us by telephone for directions
• We are able to offer a braille transcript service at £5.00 per A4 page, processed with 5-7 working days (subject to availability)
• if you are unable to operate any of the aforementioned accessibility functions then please inform us so we can resolve this for you
We are working to;
• ensure the screen design uses colours that enable words to be read easily
• that graphics have an alt description tag which explains what the picture is all about
If you’d like to view this website in another language, or simply translate a section of content that you don’t understand, you can use an online translation plug-in such as Google Translate (available from ‘chrome web store‘).
Any content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations (web content accessibility guidelines) due to the age and compatibility of the document we can provide on request. We are now working with latest versions.
If you have any feedback or require any of our documents in a different format i.e. word document, please do not hesitate to contact us either online ‘report an issue‘ or telephone us on 01730 264182.