On Sunday 17th July Petersfield Climate Action Network together with Petersfield Town Council will be holding Petersfield’s first ever Eco Fair!
It will be a fun, informative day out for all the family where you can get tips and ideas for reducing plastic use and your carbon footprint whether it be by saving energy in your home, upcycling those clothes you no longer want or by getting back on your bike. Learn how you can help increase biodiversity with good gardening practice, or by letting your garden grow a little wilder.
There will be talks, an art exhibition, children’s activities, and live music throughout the day, with food, drink and locally brewed beer as well as stalls selling items that are ethically sourced and using minimum packaging.
Visitors are being encouraged to walk or cycle and to avoid waste by bringing reuseable cups and bottles for drinks and even cutlery for food. The event will be run using batteries charged by renewable energy and bike racks will be available.
• Welcoming wildlife into your garden.
• How to talk to children about the climate and nature emergency.
• The unique Heathland.
• Community Owned Renewables.
• Up-cycled fashion show.
• How to halve your home energy bills and eliminate your carbon footprint.
• Replacing Fossil Fuel Vehicles with Electric Vehicles, the Pros and Cons.
• Josie Haskins
• South Downs Ukelele band
• Serious Child
• Courtiers Folk Band from Portsmouth
• SOS from the kids
• The Roustabouts
Stalls in different categories:
• Low waste living.
• Green travel.
• Climate groups.
• Home energy.
• Nature and biodiversity.
Children’s activities from:
• Bluebird the storyteller
• The Woodland Theatre
• Guided nature trail of the heath