Welcome to Petersfield
Petersfield is an ancient town set in an area of outstanding natural beauty within The Southdowns National Park. The area of Mapledurham, which comprised of Buriton, Petersfield and Sheet is mentioned in the Domesday book.
Bronze Age and Iron Age burial mounds are still to be found on The Heath which is a 69 acre area of grass and heathland set around a 22 acre pond and is considered by many residents and visitors to be the jewel in Petersfield’s crown.
Access and Transportation
Petersfield has easy access by means of two major roads crossing through Petersfield and is also on the main London to Portsmouth rail link. The Town is surrounded by beautiful countryside and is located in the National Park. The Town prides itself on being a great place to live and work and has a population approaching 14,000. With such beautiful countryside and ease of access to neighbouring large cities and commuting to London, Petersfield is increasingly popular as a residential area.
More details can be found by clicking on this link:
For more information and updates please click on the link below to Petersfield Neighbourhood Plan website.
This is the Town Mayor’s first Charity for 2015-2016. The Town Mayor has 2 charities that she is supporting this year.
The Rosemary Foundation Hospice at Home is a registered charity, providing care, for individuals who have a life limiting condition and their carers – within their own home as life draws to a close. This service is without charge. For more information visit www.rosemary-foundation.org.uk
Did you Know?
- Petersfield has played home to many notable residents, such as the artist Flora Twort, the botanist John Goodyer, Miranda Hart, Alec Guinness to name but a few
- Petersfield is an historic market town which dates back to the 12th century
- In 2009 the town hosted celebrations to mark the 150th anniversary of the coming of the railway
- Petersfield is twinned with Warendorf in Germany and Barentin in France
- Petersfield became included in the South Downs National Park in 2011
- Petersfield has its own town flag
Other interesting facts and information can be found in the Official Town Guide by following this link Petersfield Town Guide.